Some of you are reblogging because you think its funny that programmers would talk to ducks. I’m reblogging because I think its funny picturing a programmer explaining their code, realizing what they did when they explain the bad code, then grabbing the strangling the duck while yelling “WHY WAS THE FIX THAT SIMPLE!? AM I GOING BLIND!”
AS A PROGRAMMER I CAN TELL YOU THAT THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU FUCKING DO WE HAD TO BAN THE DUCKS FROM MY CLASSES BECAUSE EVERYONE WOULD FLIP THE DUCK OR THROW IT AT A WALL OR SOMETHING WHEN THEY FIGURED OUT THE PROBLEM IN THEIR CODE
It’s great because my mom is a computer programmer and she collects rubber ducks. She has TONS on her desk at work.
this actually works. you know if you start explaining something to your friend, eventually you’ll realise what you did wrong? that’s exactly the idea here, except programmers have no friends. it spares someone having gibberish they don’t understand explained to them but allows the programmer to talk through her program to a very good listener.
i’m so upset
I just realized that the reason ghosts say Boo! is because it’s a latin verb
they’re literally saying ‘I alarm/I am alarming/I do alarm!!
if it comes from the latin word, they’re actually saying “I’M YELLING!” which is even cuter
do they speak latin because it’s a dead language
Oh, cool that you want to get in to the comics! There are so many awesome stories. I’m quite new to marvel too but I can share some which I enjoyed :)
- Grant Morrison’s New XMen #114-#156 is a good place to start, with some familiar characters from the movies and some new characters introduced. I liked the issues of freedom and control that it covered though I thought the characterisation of Jean and Magneto was a bit harsh.
- The classic is the Chris Claremont’s Uncanny X-Men #1-200 which is where many of the movie plots were drawn from. Particularly notable: the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix saga (#101-108, #129-138) for Jean Grey being badass, and Days of Future Past (#141-142) for the movie story but with Kitty Pryde travelling back in time <3
- Also Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men #1-24, if you Whedon’s snappy dialogue and quirky character moments then this is cool.
- Then ok, this one is a guilty pleasure, but Ultimates is fascinating in a so-bad-it’s-amazing sort of way. If you ever wanted to see an alternate universe where everyone is a dick and quicksilver and the scarlet witch have an incestous relationship (i’m not judging).
- And once you know the universe a bit, House of M is a really great big event in which the Scarlet Witch becomes unstable and can’t stop changing the universe. Lots of Maximoff family goodness though also verr sad in places.
I hope that helps! Have fun with the wonderful world of comics x
Cherik - Living to love you (song by Sarah Conner)
HD/Wallpaper Resolution HERE
Well yeah… I already said with the Lineart how much I love those two… but I can’t repeat myself enough…Q_Q MY BABIES!!!! <3 Aren’t they adorable together??? Gosh I so hope in X-Men youth 3 they will find each other finally *sweet sigh*
Enjoy <3 :3
- “This gun. I’m still holding it. Ew. Babe. Help.”
- “Give it here.”